Durotech WRP is a water repellent /primer for concrete, masonry & mineral surfaces. It protects building surfaces from the damaging effects of water with little effect on appearance.
PRINCIPLE CHARACTERISTICS & USES
- Simple easy and safe application by brush roller or spray.
- No colour change on most surfaces, and no shine.
- Repels and resists water e.g. rain, sea spray, from penetrating concrete, grout, masonry, fibrous cement sheeting, brickwork, unglazed clay & concrete pavers & blocks, sand-lime bricks, sandstone, grouts, renders & plasters.
- Protects concrete against the effects of salt & water, e.g. concrete spalling, reo corrosion.
- Does not stop surfaces from breathing as it is vapour permeable, e.g. releases moisture vapour from within a wall but won't let rain in, thereby allowing any damp to dry out.
- Deeply penetrates and chemically bonds to concrete & cement for extreme durability and UV stability.
- Keeps masonry surfaces cleaner by reducing discolouration from mould & algae & salts.
- Reduces efflorescence & surface staining by salts.
- Improves insulation properties of masonry by preventing water saturation.
- Water based, solvent free, extremely low VOC and non toxic.
Provides a waterproofing backup to topcoats.
Extends the life of topcoats by resisting water and salt build-up behind the coating or membrane.
For masonry priming under paints and coatings. Contact us for advice.
ADDITIVE TO RENDER, BAGGING & CONCRETE
As an admixture to prefab, semi dry concrete, mortar or grout to reduce primary & secondary efflorescence.
- Masonry building facades & walls, retaining walls, garden walls and cement render.
- Porous concrete surfaces such as outdoor pavers, grout, aerated concrete & extruded
PACK SIZE: 4 & 20 LITRES
- Appearance: white, water - thin liquid, dries clear.
- Viscosity: <10 cP at 25oC
- Density: 0.99 at 20oC
- pH value: <8
- Coverage: Depends greatly on surface absorption. Approximate coverage;
- Concrete: 2 to 4 m2/litre Brickwork: 0.5 to 2.5 m2/litre
- FC sheeting: 3 to 5 m2/litre Stone (very porous): 0.5 to 1.0 m2/litre
- Stone (dense): 10 to 20 m2/litre
- Cure Time: Dries quickly and is repellent upon drying, but allow 24 hours or more for full chemical cure.
- Shelf Life & Storage: 6 months at 25oC. Protect from frost & freezing.
Remove any dust, loose surface material, laitance, previous coatings, sealers and contamination by mould, algae or oil and grease stains. For correct penetration ensure the surface is dry.
Repellent: Do not apply if rain is expected. Stir contents. Apply by brush, roller or spray. Apply two coats, wet onto wet, flooding and saturating the surface. Do not let the surface dry between coats. Clean off any excess product that has not soaked in within 10 minutes. Some surfaces are extremely absorbent so repeat coats should be applied. Refer to MSDS prior to use.
Primer: Apply as above, and use only as a primer to absorbent or coarse finished masonry and stone surfaces such as blockwork, render, wood float finished concrete and sandstone. Do not use as a primer over clay brickwork, smooth dense concrete or mortar, and dense FC sheeting. Do not use as a primer for tile adhesives. Leave overnight to cure before applying coatings.
Mortar Additive: Premix 1 litre of WRP with gauging water and add to 100kg of dry sand and cement , i.e. about 1 litre of WRP in 50 litres of wet final mix.
Concrete Additive: Premix 15 litres with gauging water per cubic metre of final mix.
Not suitable for resisting hydrostatic pressure or for prolonged immersion. Durotech WRP is NOT a binder for powdery, low strength or weakly bound surfaces. Note surfaces must be absorbent and composed of mineral masonry materials that are mechanically stable. WRP will not seal joints or hairline cracks. The product is not recommended for dense materials such as granite, marble, limestone, glazed tiles or polished concrete. Do not apply in hot windy conditions as this may limit penetration into the surface. Protect coated surfaces that are wet if rain begins during application. Take care of splashes or overspray onto window glass, glazed surfaces or other nearby surfaces. Wipe off with a wet cloth immediately or with turps.
Colour change is minimal for most surfaces. If concerned, apply a test patch in an inconspicuous area and allow to dry.
CLEANUP: Cleanup tools with water or turps if product has recently dried.
SAFETY: Refer to MSDS. Hazards: Non-Hazardous (ref. NOHSC). Non-Poisonous (ref. SUSDP Australia). Not classified as a Dangerous Good (ref. IATA ).
Use: Ensure adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Do not inhale gases/vapours/aerosols.
First Aid: Harmful if swallowed. If swallowed give several small portions of water. Seek medical advice. After contact with eyes rinse immediately with water for 10-15 minutes and seek medical advise.
Spill/Clean up: Prevent material from entering sewers, drains & waterways