Bostik Xtreme Seal & Fix is a high performance, flexible sealant and high strength adhesive in one. It cures to form a permanent, flexible seal and tough bond. Bostik Xtreme Seal & Fix does not require any primer to adhere to sound, dust-free, degreased surfaces
Bonds and seals just about anything to everything, including wet surfaces
High bond strength
Permanent flexible seal
Up to +/- 20% Joint Movement
Waterproof and draught-proof seal when fully cured
Sandable and paintable once cured
Non corrosive to metals
Environmentally friendly, Low VOC
Wood, concrete, brick, plaster, glass, ceramics, metals, rigid PVC, insulation boards and foam polystyrene, roof tiles, skirting boards, gutters, downpipes, masonry, wooden and metal doors, window frames, boats, caravans, bodywork, trailers, greenhouses and conservatories
For optimum performance, ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry, and free of dust, wax, grease or any loose or flaking paint.
1. Hold caulking gun at a 45 degree angle and extrude a bead of Bostik Xtreme Seal & Fix onto the bottom of the joint. (Reduce the depth of the joint to 1/2 of its width).
2. After extrusion, smooth the bead of sealant within 10 minutes, using a spatula.
3. Ensure that there is no water penetrating between the sealant and the contact surfaces.
4. The sealant surface can be improved by tooling to a smooth finish using a tooling stick dipped in soapy water.
1. Hold caulking gun at a 45 degree angle and extrude a bead of Bostik Xtreme Seal & Fix onto one of the 2 substrates to be bonded.
2. Push the two surfaces together before the adhesive skins over, and press firmly over entire surfaces to transfer adhesive.
3. Adhered surfaces maybe re-adjustable within the first minute. Do not adjust the substrates or put them under any stress in the next 12 hours.
Approximately 10 lineal metres of 6mm bead x 5mm depth from a 290ml cartridge.
Remove excess uncured adhesive Immediately with a cloth dampened with Mineral Turpentine or Methylated Spirits. Cured adhesive is best removed by scraping or sanding.
Not suitable for Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Teflon, Chlorinated Pools, High movement construction joints
Xtreme Seal and Fix must not be used on surfaces contaminated with bitumen.
White & Clear
20 mins depending on
temperature and humidity
Smooth, Paste like consistency
18 hours for 2mm thickness
depending on temperature and humidity
Tack Free Time:
2 - 4 hours depending on
temperature and humidity
2.5 mm per 24 hours
- 40oC to +100oC
1.5 - 1.8 MPA (at 100% extension)
Storage & Shelf Life
Store in cool (between 5oC to 30oC) dry, well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.18 months shelf life in unopened container when stored below 30oC.
Health & Safety
For advice, contact the Poisons Information Centre (ph AUS 131 126) or a doctor at once.
SWALLOWED: If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. EYE: If in eyes, hold eyes open and rinse with water. SKIN: If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. INHALED: Remove from contaminated area.
Non Hazardous. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wash hands after use. Do not empty into drains.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, CONTACT 1800 033 111
Bostik Xtreme Seal & Fix is available in 290ml cartridge.
Product Details Item Number
(Units Per Carton)